Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Monday, June 25, 2007

Choices. Options. Possibilities. Creating yourself...



Saw this picture at AE's blog and it just kept me thinking...

The chance to take a different path, to change course, to re-evaluate, to learn. We all need a little shock sometimes to get back into the knowledge that we do have options.

We always have a choice in how we respond. The only person we can control is ourselves. And this relates to everything.

These great set of comments from Charles Swindoll:
(also extracted from AE's blog)

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.

We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes.

There are days when I wonder, why this is happening.... but then I realized, we cannot change the fact that people will act in certain way, thus as long as our conscience is clear, the truth will just surface one day...

6 comments:

Edleen said...

i totally agree with Charles Swindoll with regards to attitude.

i have 4 kids, and often i am reminding them that they should have a good attitude themselves and ensure that they always see the positive and chuck away the negative. we all make choices and choosing to be someone with a good attitude surely will bring a tinge of success in one's life. and i think being their Mum, i too should have a good attitude yeah? hehe... *wink*

Stephanie said...

Jenn, I agreed with you.:)

Pris said...

That's a very insightful blog, Jenn. I enjoyed reading it.

Pris said...

That's a very insightful blog, Jenn. I enjoyed it.

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

So, soooooo true !!!

And about how a person's emotional environment is controlled by their reactions ~ this is why I am constantly checking myself, asking if I have contributed positively or negatively to any situation.

laine said...

hi jenn, elaine here. tks so much for getting the goodies for me! tks too for your priceless insight... it really helped bring perspective to a situation i've been dealing with... thankfully, we are all works-in-progress. God bless and tks again!!!